Jan 7, 2012

Duping Sweetscents' Chameleon e/s

Now that the holidays are over, I feel more comfortable wearing reds with greens now that NOT everybody and their momma are doing it. =) 


For this look, I could have used a duochrome eyeshadow such as Chameleon.  Actually, I really had all intentions of using Chameleon, but then ... the shit hit the fan.




I know for a fact that many of us adore duochrome shadows. They be oh-so pretty, oh yesh, indeed. My personal fav is Sweetscents Chameleon (Mineralissima has a smilar colour called Illusion), followed closely by EDM eyeshadow in Shopping Spree.

The other day I got a huge urge to use Chameleon.
It was also the day when I decided to experiment with my dry lids to see if putting moisturizer under my primer would make the primer not dry my lids even more. An extra layer of supple goodness on the eyes didn't seem to interfere with primer upon application.

And then ...
... I went and applied my shadow. Holly veneral disease Batman.
It was a scene of the grimmest kind. My lovely shadow went on all blotchy and just generally fugly. I just decided to set the outer corners with a cranberry shade and then used a mint shadow in the center of the lids. If you look closely, you'll be able to see wonky texture - that's the bltochiness covered with shadow :D

I felt the final result was sooo pretty. I the added green liner on the waterline as well and set it with lid shade. I wear massive glasses, so it blotchiness doesn't even show in real life.


Now I totally want to wear this all the time. =)


I think I want to try pink in place of green, too. Imagine that, pink.
(I'm a anti-pink kinda gal). Do you guys think it would work?


<3,
V.



Failed attempt at a FOTD


9 Comments:

Cmp said...

Nice nice nice NICE! I love how this looks, great color combination!

As for pink, I suggest pairing it with grey/silver. I don't really like pink either, but I love it in this combination. :)

The Peach said...

Yes, the result is beautiful! Love these colors together! That mint in the center of the lid is beautiful!

Gone2RehabBRB said...

The minty shade was a total winner =)

Anela said...

Oh, beautiful! I didn't think these two colours would go together so well! As for the pink, I don't think it would turn out this nicely. I just can't imagine it=)

Gone2RehabBRB said...

I think I can see your point, pink would not make such a contrast with red, because it's in the same color family.

I think that's why Corina suggested pairing it with grey.

olgiepolgie said...

Holy moley, this is pretty! I love that shade of green. What an awesome salvage job.

EyeGraffiti said...

no way! such unexpected combo! and how divine it looks! applauds for you who follwed this through without ending up with some brown mess, like me hehe!!!//Azure

SilhouetteScreams said...

This still looks like one of those duochromey shades, so I would never look at it and be like 'OMG RED AND GREEN DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS' XD

CRYS said...

HELLO VANESSA:)

TODAY I JUST GOT MY GIFT WEEEEE :D WHEN I SAW THE ENVELOPE I GOT CRAZY HEHE AND THE PIGMENTS ARE GREAT:) I LOVE ALL COLOURS:)
THX A LOT:)

CRYS

 
Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .