Dec 24, 2010

Brush drying holder

Hey, lovely people

Since I'm going crazy with sudying I decided to do a quick post to get my mind of all the useless crapissimo I'm trying to memorize.

This is a brush holder used to hold the brushes with the bristles facing down. That way the water doesn't get to the glue inside the ferrul. It is designed to catch droplettes of water, should there be any - but, in all honesty, you really shouldn't be soaking the heck out of your brushes :D


I actually like the way it looks. Have two of these puppies.
Available at craft stores as they are meant for art brushes.


One thing you need to put into consideration is that you can't use face brushes unless you are ok with them stretching the spiral. In my case, I have two holders, so I am not really bothered by that. But what is bad is that you can't put very big handle brushes in, especially not wooden handle with glazing. The glazing on my Kryolan countour brush cracked due to the pressure of new tight spiral.

It is also possible for it to scratch your brushes, but I have had no such issues.


I miss reading all of your blogs quite a bit. I do check my dashboard sporadically when studying gets overwhelming. Can't wait for it to all be over and I can return back to my normal blogging.

<3,
V.

  • Please, follow this blog via Google friend connect
  • For more fun, go to Gone2RehabBRB on facebook
  • or to just talk a wee bit there's my Twitter
  • 2 Comments:

    SilhouetteScreams said...

    What an awesome idea, I didn't even know this kind of thing existed! I'm definitely going to have to go stare in my local art supplies store to see if I can find one :)

    Gone2RehabBRB said...

    @SilhouetteScreams
    Just make sure the spiral is streched out a bit before you start usingit for expensive brushes.

    with sturdy art brushes it works fine, but when it's new it might mess up/scratch brushes.

     
    Designed by Ezwpthemes .
    Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .