Feb 20, 2012

Dazzle Dust #41 Marigold swatches

Dazzle Dust number 41 Marigold is a true  metallic yellow gold. 

Not sure where the name comes from, to me marigold is a velvety matte orange or yellow. I'm very particular about that because I have fond memories of a little marigold patch my great grandmother had in her flower garden. =)

Dazzle Dust #41 Marigold swatches and texture description is after the jump :) 

I have to admit it, Barry M Dazzle Dusts have it all. 
Good price, massive product amount and (for the most shades) paraben-free formulas. Most of them are made of the same type of ingridents as mineral eyeshadows, to me they count as minerals. 

With Marigold, I really have to say I prefer the texture of it opposed to some other Dazzle Dusts. No funky-chunky glitter in this baby. It's also very finely milled so I feel you get a very cohesive texture which accounts for smooth application.

I'm doing comparisons of three goldish Dazzle Dusts that I have, that's why you see two blanked out shades on the right.


I would repurchase and I recommend this shadow to anyone looking for a good gold. I think you could also find a similar color in Sleek palettes, but am not too sure about that. It also is in the same color family with Half-Baked, everybody's favorite Urban Decay gold. It's very dupable, yet it's such an incredible value for money I can only highly recommend it.

2 Comments:

EyeGraffiti said...

Lol! I love the description of the funky-chunky glitter! Although that's one of the things I love about the dazzle dust, but funky-chunky glitter description suits the fine glitter dust better, right? I loooove Barry M,
Phlox

Gone2RehabBRB said...

LOL, thanks Phlox =))))))

It's true that glittter dusts are funky-chunky glittrbombs, but there are two Dazzle Dust that I can't bring myself to use because they have
funky-chunky glittah in there, it's the silver one and orange one. Can't remember the names at the top of my head, but I'll do a post on my BM DD Hits and Misses once all the swatches are up. :)

 
Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .