Apr 14, 2011

My eyelash sob story


Today's post is a sort of a make-up secrets revealed kind of a thing. This addresses hard-to-curl, stick straight lashes that do not hold the curl. If you are like me, then you pobably add vertical upper lash growth to the equation. Like, seriously dudettes, why must my lashes grow downwards


Here is a few pictures of my lashes in without any curling:



This is what my lashes look after being curled but later coated with mascara. Any regular mascara on the market straightens my curl straight away.




If you suffer from the same frustrating lash expereince note the following:
  • de-curling happnes due to damp and oil which is why a waterproof mascara is essential
  • best curling results are achieved by heating your curler with your hair dryer for better hold and longevity wear

  • make sure you use the curler in 3 step procedure so that you get a C shape as oppose to L shaped lashes  
After I curl my lashes they look like this:








    The mascara that I use and talk about all the time is IsaDora Waterproof Bulid-up mascara.
    Amazing stuff. 
    A night mare to remove but it is the only cruelty free mascara on the market that is this good. It is rather expensive thse days with  €17 which makes me extremly sad.




     So, after a tedious procedure, my eyelashes look like this. Isadora mascara in action! I linked a previous look I did, just click on the image to be redirected to the post.
    orange eyeshadow



    Makes a HUGE difference, right?
    I just thought it was funny when I was getting loads of comments on how pretty my lashes were. Beauty is a secret between a girl and her mirror, no doubt :)




    Stay secretive!
    ~ V.




    Please, follow this blog via  Google friend connect 
     For more fun, go to Gone2RehabBRB on facebook
    or to just talk a wee bit there's my Twitter

    9 Comments:

    The Peach said...

    Great post! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    The Peach said...

    Great post! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    Gaby Fauchon said...

    Wow, thanks for the tips, amazing post!

    Anonymous said...

    great tips, my lashes are the same as yours, it's so frustrating! If I don't heat my curlers with a hairdryer before curling my lashes, the curl will litteraly last about 20 seconds! So i'm thinking about trying Lilash (or possibly a cheaper alternative) to help them out a bit. Fingers crossed!

    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

    Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

    Wow, it really does make a difference! Your lashes look beautiful in the last picture. I love makeup lol ;)

    Gone2RehabBRB said...

    @Pretty Wonderful
    I would tootaly by it it was cruelty free. But things that aren't tested on animals are lash growth oily serums that, again, make lashes harder to curl.

    If curelty isn't an issue, I'd say go for it.

    Gone2RehabBRB said...

    @Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー
    Ditto.

    Gone2RehabBRB said...

    @G A B Y
    Glad to be of help. =)

    parenting articles said...

    nice` thanks for sharing^_^

    parenting articles

     
    Designed by Ezwpthemes .
    Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .