May 6, 2011

How not to have cakey looking cheeks! Dry skin blusher application tip

UPDATED Feb 20, 2012
Avon tests on animals and I felt I need to let you know
I will not be buying from them again. You can further read about this issue HERE
Hello, guys


I realized I had about 34 posts saved and ready to be published, most of them were composed in january; I'm a terrible blogger, I know.

So this is an old face of the day, all I know is used Avon super shock Black Diamond gel liner and then a black shadow in the outer V ... The lid colour is an Everyday Minerals eyeshadow, I'm assuming in the shade Spin Cycle.

Now, the blusher I was wearing only turned out this pretty because I layered Lily Lolo Translucent Silk Setting Powder over it.
 Little tip for dry and pale skin regarding blushers: If powder blushers look too cakey on your skin and are too pigmented, set your liquid foundation with a slightly shimmery translucent powder. That way the blush will gilde over the shimmery particle and distribute evenly. You can hardly over do it that. But careful with translucent powder -- do not use a highlighter with insane amount of shimmer. 
If you find the blush is still too in-your-face, add a little extra of your translucent powder and buff it over the blush.


So, a re-cap.  To prevent your cheeks from looking cakey and powdery beacuse of powder blushes applied on dry skin you'll need:
- a setting powder with a sheen/satiny finish
- any blusher you wish to use


1. Apply liquid foundation.

2. Set the foundation in the cheek area using a translucent powder
with charachtersics I mention above.

3. Apply blusher over translucent powder. Techinque is most applicable to matte blushes as they tend to look the cakiest.

4. (optional) Apply additional layer of translucent powder if 
the blush is too pigmented.



And for lipgloss I simply have no idea what I used.
I need to start writing these things down, or else there's no point in showing you the pictures if you can't get the basic info about the products used.



 Wishing you all a lovely weekend !
V.


Please, follow this blog via  Google friend connect 
 For more fun, go to Gone2RehabBRB on facebook
or to just talk a wee bit there's my Twitter

5 Comments:

The Peach said...

Very pretty! Thanks for the blush tip!

Gone2RehabBRB said...

@The Peach

It's helped me a lot.

MadeByJulietta said...

Beautiful..and yes thanks for the tip :)




MadeByJulietta.blogspot.com

Harija said...

Neat post!

My Lyfe ; My Story

MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

Maja said...

Zelo lep MU in dober nasvet... :)

P.S. čaka te nagrada na mojem blogu

 
Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .