Sep 29, 2012

Bitten by the Blog Bug

Guess this  is the closest to a love bite as I will get, so thank you Deja for providing the most action I got in a while :P

I know most of you know how these tags work, but I've always hated the annoying little banner pictures
and the fact you have to impose yourself upon other people by further tagging them. So I ain't doing that, just ain't.

I'm prefectly happy to answer the questions, could be informative. Kinda.
Here it is:

1. When and why did you start blogging?


I explained everything in my first ever post, called Yet another beauty blog is born. Yawn. posted on August 23rd 2010. After two years of blogging my main focus has remained the same; to show make-up looks can be done at an elevated level even with cruelty-free make-up.

2. What do you love to blog about and why do you like it?
I only show my make-up looks as a general rule but I sometimes get so overly excited  for eyeshadows that I swatch them, but that doesn't happen too often.As an artistry admirer, I get a tremendous satisfaction out of trying new looks on me.

 

3. How did you get your blog name?
This blog is named after my Youtube channel, where I don't even post anything, I just watch other people (in case you were wondering).
Back in the days, If I was going to be away from my belowed IM service, MSN Messnger, I'd would change my status to Gone 2 Calli to live in the summer sun, BRB. It's a reference to Red Hot Chilli Peppers and their Californication  using the words from Pink's Going To California
 
At one point in my life, shit got heavy and I just couldn't deal with how much suffering my mom had to go through. My ways of coping with it were buckets of ice cream from Hofer (Aldi chain) and newly discovered youtube gurus. To keep up, I created a channel so I could subscribe to them, but I wanted a unique name. This was in 2007.
That summer, Amy Winehouse's Rehab was on the radio all the time and I was always like Yeah, Amy, I know, i know, we both need rehab but we won't go.
 

Gone2Cali...BRB + Rehab = Gone2RehabBRB



4. What do you think is your best post yet?
Yet to be done.

5. What is your inspiration for blogging at present?
People with more skills and talent than me.

6. Message for your readers: 
Thank you for showing interest in cruelty-free products!
 It's not exactly of pride, however I know I advocate it in a judgemental or moreso emotional manner, because I'm a sensitive soul and I get all teary when I think of all the abuse towards helpless creatures.
I can't make consumers care, that's not my battle anymore. I'm just passing on the info and hope it's useful to some.

Special thanks to all the lurkers that come and take a peek and to all my supportive commenting buddies. =)

=)))))
V.

5 Comments:

Hottie McNaughty said...

This was informative...thank you! And I'm glad you're a sensitive soul as I am as well.

Deja said...

I want a massive mac haul! :P
Zanimiv izvor imena. Vedno sm se sprašvala, kaj pomeni :)
In naj raje trpijo ljudje.. tako niso moj tip človeka ;)
In hvala ker si odgovorila ;)*

Gone2RehabBRB said...

@Hottie McNaughty: <3. It's a rare quality and I strongly believe that all this world is lacking isn't love, but empathy!

@Deja: MAC isn't cruelty free, but i still kept the only 4 products I have by them. One is the white Face&Body.
The rest of them are cult pieces, Russian Red lipstick, brushes 217 and 219 :)

Deja said...

Vem, da niso. Bla je šala, ker sm prebrala tvoj prvi blog. :)
Js nimam nč od njih. :)

Gone2RehabBRB said...

Ali pa za kakšen drugi mac ... Nimam gnara za Japko. Pa bi mela kakšni mali prenosni računalniček :)

 
Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .